Upgrade to Operator
Description: The Upgrade to Operator course is Nationally Accredited and designed specifically for the high pressure water jetting industry in accordance with the high pressure water jetting standard AS/NZS 4233:1. 2013. This course is intended for workers who hold the latest version of the MSMSS00003 – Use high pressure water jetting equipment skillset, as per training.gov.au, and are looking to obtain the MSMSS00004 skillset. As they will already hold three of the Units of Competency of the MSMSS00004 – Operate a high pressure water jetting system skillset, they only need to complete two extra units.
Outcomes: Statement of Attainment for MSMSS00004 – Operate a high pressure water jetting system (Release 1).
Units of Competency:
• MSMWJ301 – Operate a high pressure water jetting system
• MEM09002B – Interpret technical drawing
• Credit transfer for the following units:
– MSMWHS110 – Follow emergency response procedures
– MSMWHS200 – Work safely
– MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
• USI (if you do not have a USI, please visit www.usi.gov.au)
• 18+ years old
• Government or Employer issued photo ID
• If Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, copy of medicare card or Australian Passport or Australian Birth Certificate
• If not Australian citizen or Permanent Resident, copy of passport and permission to conduct a VEVO check (so eligibility to study in Australia can be determined)
• Minimum of year 10 completed at school
• Basic numeracy, literacy, English language skills and physical abilities
• Minimum 120 hours experience on a variety of Class B water jetting tools (eg: gun, flexi-lance, tank cleaning head). This experience has to be over a minimum of 6 months and maximum of 36 months. This is an All-Ways Training Services requirement.
• MSMSS00003 – Use high pressure water jetting equipment qualification with permission to verify.
PPE requirements: Long pants, long sleeve shirt, steel cap boots, industrial gloves, eye protection & hearing protection
Duration: 1.5 Days
Location: All-Ways Training Services, 16 Redemptora Road, Henderson, WA 6166. Upon arrangement, also available at suitable client sites.
Mode of delivery: This course is delivered face-to-face and contains Theory & Practical components.
Third-Party delivery: Please note that training is carried out on behalf of All-Ways Training Services (RTO 91523) by WOMA (Australia) Pty Ltd. All-Ways Training Services is responsible for enrolling students, the quality of training and the issuing of Statements of Attainment. WOMA can be contacted on (08) 9434 6622, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 16 Redemptora Road, Henderson, WA 6166. www.woma.com.au
For more information please view our Student Handbook
To enquire about this course, please contact us today